Friday 14 November 2014

Reading up on Fashion Forecasting

Although the book I am looking at is mainly geared towards fashion, as I have found most things are, It still have some valuable information to take in. 
"Nothing happens until somebody brands something". 
I think I keep forgetting that alongside all of this illustrative work for the actual products I have to start to think how to brand myself and my products when they are done. Reading through this business driven book, I have also come to the realisation that I will need to begin making and branding as soon as possible as then I will need to conduct some kind of research into whether or not people will be interested in buying this product. 
It states in the book that colour is the first thing to be decided in a new season. So before I even start going too far with drawing I will be creating colour palettes alongside this process. Therefore, not only do I sort two themes out but I also complete twice the work. 

FINDINGS:
From looking at some of the trend websites in the book, although I couldn't really access them due to me not paying to be a member, I found two designers/ artists who I found really interesting and who I felt would fit in as colour and print research even though their work is not really related to Kids in anyway. 

 ERIN O'KEEFE
I thought the colours in all of her images were absolutely on point for what direction I want to go in for my products. The texture and everything just work together for an overall beautiful effect. 

I may even attempt to incorporate texture in some of the illustrations as it would look awesome and make my drawings more interesting to eye of a child and hopefully to the buyers at Liberty. 



http://www.erinokeefe.com/Collection

MASHA REVA X SNDCT
Although these jumpers are obviously printed digitally, the overall colour scheme and ideas behind them are lovely and vibrant. This is becoming a very popular method of printing in recent seasons so it's worth thinking about as it could really become the next big thing in terms of print. 

http://www.mashareva.com/main/index.php?/fashion/masha-reva-x-sndct/

Book: Fashion Forecasting, Kathryn Mckelvey and Janine Munslow


No comments:

Post a Comment