Tuesday 11 November 2014

Kids Trends 2015

If my product does get picked through the open call process then it will have to be fully suitable for a high end retail environment. In response to this fact I will look at up and coming trends for 2015 so my concept will be geared to the ideas and concepts behind those high end trends. 
To start I have done a google search for 'kids trends 2015' as a starting point. 
Although the website it took me to focussed mainly on kids fashion, I figured it would still be quite valuable to look at the trends as it could be translated to other areas. It was quite comforting as well to look at what is coming up simply because some of the ideas I have can be easily made to fit in with these trends. 


This trend will co exist well with my idea of mixing some neon into my colour palette. Also the idea of the absurd works well with my ideas of mystical creatures/dinosaurs/robots, furthermore it could all fit quite nicely with the idea of 'emporium'. 

This trend will also fit quite well into the Liberty look, as I was also considering using quite a washed out colouring for some products as i know this would look quite good alongside existing Liberty products. 


The colours in this one are beautiful also. I want to stay away from florals though, i know full well there will always be a market for it but it's so overdone now and Liberty is already overrun with this style of pattern. I do like the idea of the aquatic though and it had been stated on various websites that this trend will be quite strong across the whole industry from stationary to high fashion catwalks. 

This trend only solidifies my idea of introducing an aquatic theme in my work. 

http://weconnectfashion.com/fido/getarticle.fcn?&type=trends&SearchString=kid's&id=737870PK0000041&start=1&tr=29

No comments:

Post a Comment