Wednesday 12 November 2014

Generating ideas

This brief gives me an opportunity to really create a well rounded product ready for sale in a retail environment... therefore I need to really think about what I want to commit my time to making. I've had a few thoughts and to be honest the Kids department, called 'Little Liberty', is relatively new so there is still quite a lot of scope on what I can choose as my product.
Their description of the department is lovely and makes it seem like a magical place that children would really appreciate, it would be like stepping into a storybook.

"Our whimsical and exciting Children's department on the 3rd floor is now open, spanning over 2,000 square feet. Step inside Little Liberty for a world class edit of designer kids clothes, toys, gifts, accessories and books."

"Little Liberty has a very crafty, organic and quirky feel: the entire space is decorated with a story book style hand-drawn motif of a giant tree which will spread out over draws, tables and chairs."

Rather than going down the route of Kids fashion, as working that much with fabric design really doesn't appeal to me after a year of struggling with it already on the textiles course. I was thinking of going down a more paper route, like starter sketchbook packs to encourage creativity in the young. 
Obviously the motifs I include on my products will have to appeal to a young audience and also possibly fit in with what is already placed in the Kids section. The fact that the website states that the style in this department is crafty and organic means I may have to think cleverly about my intention to use some neon colour in my work, but I think if done right it will simply make my work stand out in the best way possible. 

http://www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/content/little-liberty-childrenswear/content 

No comments:

Post a Comment