Tuesday 18 November 2014

Looking into hand book binding

Although I have done this before I cannot remember for the life of me what the process goes like because I have the memory of a goldfish. So... after a quick google:


After reading through the tutorial on how to do this, it has actually come back to me a bit and once I find my feet properly again I can probably produce quite a few in one day. The only difference between how I did this process the first time and the one I have just read up on is the method of holding all the pages together. We used a needle and fishing wire rather than staples and I think I may employ the former method as there is no danger of any staples coming loose and stabbing a child.  Now the dilemma is whether I use fabric or paper as my backing on the sketchbooks... 

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-bind-your-own-Hardback-Book/?ALLSTEPS

No comments:

Post a Comment