Tuesday 11 November 2014

Liberty as emporium

The current managing director of Liberty, Ed Burstall, describes the stores of being 'One of the last emporiums of its kind on Earth'. This idea of 'emporium' is one of the starting points for my ideas process, this idea alongside the very open brief opens up a world of possibilities to my ideas bank. 
To me the word 'emporium' conjures up ideas of a wondrous and exciting place that is filled with beautiful ephemera that you just want to touch and discover. 
As I have come to conclusion that I want to create a kids range of products this whole idea of emporium just suits it to the ground, I want the children that may see my products to have this feel of wonder and excitement. 
The shop itself is a pice of art, with its wooden beams it does conjure up idea of a pirate ship or an old stately home. Either way it is very grand and imposing but still maintains a homely feel. I will need the brand I create to fit in whilst still making a statement amongst all of the other beautiful products for sale on the shop floor and the competition I will have during the open call. 
http://www.justsomestuffimade.com/2011/04/14/liberty-of-london-style/

http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/place/120227-liberty


No comments:

Post a Comment