Monday 17 November 2014

Oliver Jeffers

Another two artists who have expanded their style to encapsulate the Kids market also. 

In terms of Oliver Jeffers work, the simple style he employs for most projects is not all that he can do, his work varies from realistic fine art paintings to simple shapes and colour he uses in his work for children. The next images are taken from a selection of children's books he has up on his website.  

His use of colour and shape is just lovely and would really appeal to a child as it is both easy to look at but not boring in any way. 

I'm really into the whole idea of making these books vaguely educational because then I can almost make it into a funny little sketchbook of my own. This painting is really cool in how it connects all of the things together in little thought bubbles, as it creates a kind of organised fun. 


Another idea that really appeals to me is having my illustrations on cool little scraps of paper as it adds texture and such to a piece and I think it may improve the whole feel of my work. 









The main thing I like about Jeffers work is the fact that even though he employs quite a loose style there is still a definite structure and sophistication to his mark making. His style works in  simple way that could appeal, and does, to a younger audience. 

http://www.oliverjeffers.com/picture-books/once-upon-an-alphabet


No comments:

Post a Comment