Thursday 12 February 2015

First set of Portraits

For my first set of portraits I am focusing on Photographer Bunny Yeager and two models of the same period, Bettie Page and Blaze Starr. I have elected Bunny as one of my creative saints because of her work in empowering women through the lens. Her erotic photography is cheeky and playful with the female form. 
Both Bettie and Blaze worked with Yeager at some point in their career and it really launched them into the limelight. Both playful characters, I wish to celebrate them as women who pushed the boundaries and gave this style of modelling a name. They helped bring in the sexual revolution that occurred a decade after in the 1960's, and I feel it was a crucial and important development in the past century. I adore the pin up look and think it will work as a really nice juxtaposition against the religious imagery of the project.
To really be able to capture their characters I will watch various documentaries and films on the women, including Teaserama, The Notorious Bettie Page, among other striptease shorts.







http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2014/may/25/bunny-yeager-model-photographer-dies

No comments:

Post a Comment