Thursday 26 March 2015

Photoshop to tote bags

At this moment in time I have now scanned in my images of Saint Bettie and Saint Bunny and am working on them in Photoshop. Originally I was going to leave them as just simple black line drawings, but the endless possibilities of Photoshop have got me again and I am in the process of adding full colour to them. It simply means that the process of screen printing them will be slightly more complicated. basically I will need to take each colour individually and add them to a new layer, but also print the separate layers in black so they will work on a screen and just pull through the colours as needed. 

This is A nearly finished Saint Bette for the front of the tote bag allocated to The photography Saints that are Bunny Yeager and Bettie page. I have also started on the two figures of the women of the triptych I am also creating. 

The same rules will basically apply to this screen print, as I didn't know it should be done in many layers and printed, when the time comes to move them down to the print room I will have to do each of these layer by layer and deconstruct them essentially. Unlike the other portraits to come, as now i know to produce each layer individually to make it easier for myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment