Wednesday 13 May 2015

Self Evaluation

This project has been one of my favorites so far, simply because of the freedom we were granted. I feel as though, in hindsight, I should have possibly developed my idea more as when i started to create my initial sketches for of the triptychs and bags, i found i could not capture some of the people i had originally elected to do. However, the illustrated portraits that i have completed for this hand in are something i feel i can be proud of. 
In terms of initial research I feel as though I covered a wide variety of relevant topics, which has definitely helped with this project as it has gone on. I feel as though the idea for this module was interesting from the beginning and i feel as though i have set out and created products that are very close to the picture i had in my head when first starting out. 
Admittedly, I have encountered my fair share of problems towards the end of this project, one being the screen printing. I set out to do it in one day but unfortunately on the day i was booked in the emulsion used to coat the screens just wouldn't take, so instead of leaving all of it for another day, I set up paper stencils for all of the halo's on the bags so i had something to come back to when the emulsion was changed. using this simple stencil technique I was able to speed through the screen printing when the time came as the foundations were already set. Each bags is slightly different due to the nature of screen printing and each offer a really nice, lo-fi off kilter appearance. 
In terms of the triptychs, as the project went on I felt as though simple black line drawings just weren't going to look right, this is when i began to colour them and finish them up in Photoshop. this not only furthered my knowledge with this application but it also gave a new life to the idea. I am extremely happy with these triptych prints i have created and I feel, even though all are created in a similar style, you can see my progression with this new style through them. 
In terms of the finished products, I feel as though they are going to appeal to the artistic people i stated were my predicted demographic, I have already received requests to print more to sell up in Hartlepool after the London market which i fins really encouraging. 
Although my business cards did not arrive in time for hand in, I have printed out a copy just to show what they will look like alongside my products. 
All in all, my 'Creative Saints' are something that I feel I can really be proud of and work to sell as many as possible of in London, I know it will be difficult but hopefully my passion for this project will show and people will connect with this idea of modern day society's obsession with celebrity and idolising our favourites.      




         

No comments:

Post a Comment