Monday 5 January 2015

Inside Covers

Today I've been working on getting my inside covers all sorted for the assembly of my book. 
I had a basic idea of what I wanted and just played about a bit with the layout of the chosen beetles. 
I initially wanted the inside ends to be as heavily decorated as the outside cover but after a second thought I believed it would be better if I toned it down a bit to really show off the work and to embody the idea of a workbook more.





I actually really love the finished layout, it emulates the aesthetic of old school victorian work books with the bright colours of modern children's illustration that I was going for. I also feel it looks really nice against the frontage of the book. I have now sent my images to be printed on plain cotton fabric, alongside a large beetle that will be made into a patch to be sewn onto the tote bag that will accompany the book itself. Tonight I will probably make the label to be placed on the side of the bag with my brand name and logo. 

In reference to the previous post to this, I have also decided on making my tote bag more plain and letting the pattern of the actual book speak for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment